Thursday 5 June 2014

Progress before my holiday

I am off to Wales soon so this will be the last update for a short while. I have a week in Wales at Porthmadoc then a week at home to get some work done on the railway, I may just complete the circuit depending on the weather.

Blocks laid to complete the curve and allow the two junctions to be installed
The track was soon laid. The points will lead to the treacle factory (top right) and to the rest of the garden and the treacle mine (bottom centre) but that's for the future.
Work on the trestle bridge has come on well, a test fit for height and length with only two piers and one longitudinal beam 

The spacing of the piers was sorted out, I decided I needed two more to make it look right.

This is a big structure and it swamps my modest work bench

with the piers at their final spacing (two more to be built) and an extra beam added its looking good.
Slightly out of focus but as you can see 'Timo' the steeple cab is almost complete, just a bit more touching up and fitting of the buffer blocks and he will be in service.

No comments:

Post a Comment