Thursday 18 April 2013

Playing Trains Again

The weather has certainly improved although today we have had a strong and slightly cold wind as well as a few heavy showers along with plenty of sunshine. This should mean that progress will be made on the railway.

I have removed all the old wood after taking off the framing to be used as stakes to mark out the new line plus the grass has been cut and the bricks etc have been neatly stacked ready for use. This has left me with a very large open area just shouting out to be filled with railway.

I would normally have been doing work this Sunday but I am visiting Peters Railway again (see the photo album for details of this line) to have a day of playing trains whilst the Wife goes to see dancing on ice. This means that no work will be done although an early finish tomorrow might enable me to get the station and steam up area marked out and perhaps even a few shovel fulls of earth moved, you never know.

Next week I have the Friday and Saturday off, Friday will be put to good use removing the rubbish down to the dump and I may even get the foundation trench for the station completed. Saturday will see me at the 16mm Narrow Gauge Modellers AGM where money will be spent.

Pictures from all these events will appear so keep on reading :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment