Monday 25 March 2013

Getting ready for summer

I have got my locvo and coaches out to give tyhem a quick oil as they havnt run since 2007. The loco still had its batteries in, a pair of cheap pound shop ones, and they still had charge in them plus they had not leaked.
New batteries have been put in and the loco runs nice. I hope to run it at a garden railway open day soon.
I have decided not to keep the original driver as a new ready painted one from Busybodies look great and are not too expensive.
The coaches have had a quick squirt of WD40 as they ran a bit erratically, hopefully this will help.
The weather forecast doesn't look good for Easter but I am still hoping to get out and get started in the garden. Pictures of my progress will follow if it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment