Thursday 19 September 2013

Building a 16 year old kit

Whilst sorting out my shed contents including some very dusty boxes, I came across several un-made Fendyke kits that I have just realised are at least 16 years old.
I have started my way through building them starting with an open wagon and it is going together quite nicely.
My work bench with the sides of the wagon under weights to help them set. Note the dolls house tables found in the same box as the truck kits.
I have everything apart from couplings which I will order tomorrow.

The body completed

The chassis rails in place with just the axle boxes and wheels to fit.
I must say that it is probably a personal record for the longest time between buying a kit and building it, and I still have three others to build!

No comments:

Post a Comment